Followers

Sunday 14 August 2011

Review of Estée Lauder ''Double Wear Mascara''

So, I've been using this mascara every day since I bought it, which is approximately 2 weeks now. I love the gold and the blue packaging together it looks really luxurious! :). I also love that the bottle is so handy, it's the perfect size. That's what I love about ''more expensive'' makeup, the packaging always look so luxurious and gorgeous. And you usually get what you pay for, which is quality, don't you agree?

My current favourite mascara is the ''Lancôme Definicils Mascara'', but I wanted to try something new, and I thought that this mascara seemed quite much like the Lancôme's. It basically had the same wand as the one from Lancôme so I had to try it! I did not like this one as much as Lancôme's though, continue reading the review and I'll tell you why.
It says on the mascara that it's a zero-smudge lengthening mascara, and I totally agree with that! It does not smudge at all, which I love about it. It also stays on all day, so you don't need to worry about reapplication. One thing that I don't like about this mascara is that it comes too much product on the wand, which makes your eyelashes appear more heavy-looking. In the pictures you might not see it as clear as in real life, but I hope you still understand what I mean.
(This is how Estée Lauder ''Double Wear Mascara'' looks like on my eyelashes)

How do you think this mascara looks like after application? I've used 2 layers on the upper lash-line and that's totally enough to make your eyelashes more lenghtened. I really like how it looks like, but; I'm not the biggest fan of how difficult it is to makes your eyelashes defined while applying this mascara. You need to brush through your eyelashes a lot while applying it, so they won't be too thick, because otherwise they'll end out waaaaay to thick.. I promise you that. It's also quite difficult to remove even with my favourite eye make-up remover of all time, that removes any mascara easily... But removing this mascara with that eye make-up remover is not as easy, at all.

I give this product:

8 comments:

  1. hey :)
    schöner blog,
    hast du lust auf gegenseitiges verfolgen? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for posting a comment on my blog <3 this mascara looks pretty good!my eyelashes are nonexistent :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, no smudge is a good selling point but it looks a little bit crusty to me which I'm not a huge fan of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sara: Thank you, yeah I'm following you now =)

    @ Christie: You're welcome my dear =). Yeah it's fine, but I don't think it's worth the money I payed for it, it's not that good really. I see, then I'd really recommend you the Lancôme Definicils Mascara (Click on the link for my review of it: http://agnesbeautycorner.blogspot.com/2011/06/review-of-lancomes-definicils-mascara.html), if you've short and very thin eyelashes and you're okay with paying a little bit more for a mascara! I find it A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!

    @ Meredith Jessica: Agree! I'm not the biggest fan of how it looks on my eyelashes either =( I much more prefere the Decinicils Mascara by Lancôme!!

    ReplyDelete